Christian S. Nissen
- MA in social science 1972, University of Copenhagen and in political science 1975 from University of Aarhus.
- Assistant professor in international politics, Inst. of Political Science, University of Copenhagen 1972. Associate professor 1976.
- Head of section with the Danish Ministry of the Environment 1977, and with the Danish Ministry of Finance 1981.
- Director of Finance (CFO) of the Danish National Museum of History 1985.
- Managing Director (CEO) of Danish National University Hospital 1991.
- Director General (CEO) of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR) 1994 - 2004.
- Author, independent advisor on media and management and board-member 2004 -
- 'Visiting Researcher', Center for Civil Society Studies, Copenhagen Business School (CBS) 2016 -
- Adjunct professor, Copenhagen Business School, Centre for Business Development and Management 2006 - 2016.
- Received the emma award 2012 "- in Recognition of a Lifetime's Commitment to Media Management and Education" (see >> here)
- Member of the editorial Board for reporting on media development in Denmark, Danish Agency for Culture, 2013 -
- Member of the Minister of Culture's Public Service Commission 2015-2016.
- Chairman of the Board, CARE Denmark 2013 - (Boardmember since 2005, Vice Chairman 2007-13)
- Member of Board of Directors, CARE International (Geneva), 2008 - 2016 / Council 2016 -
- Member of the Editorial Commission, "Mapping Digital Media - Journalism, Democracy and Values" (Open Society/Soros Foundation) 2009 - 2014 (See >> here)
- Member of the Council of Europe "Ad hoc Advisory Group on Public Service Media Governance" 2009 - 2011
- Chairman of the Board of Governors Roskilde University 2008 - 2014.
- Research Associate, the Media Management and Transformation Centre, Jönköping International Business School, Sweden 2008 - 2011
- Member of the board, The Danish Filminstitute 2006 - 2013
- Chairman of the Digital Strategy Group (European Broadcasting Union) 1999-2003.
- Author/editor of >> articles and books on international politics, public administration and media.